Plumbing Maintenance Guidelines for Summertime Cleaning
Summer is officially here. Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and the days are getting longer. If you haven’t already, it’s time to get cracking on your summer-cleaning. As you’re going about your home scrubbing and scouring, purging and ordering, don’t forget to give your plumbing some attention. Companies in Edmonton like ours will tell you that preventative action can help ensure your pipes, drains, and other plumbing is in good working order for the rest of the year.
- Check the temperature and make sure it’s stationed at no higher than 49°C (120 °F).
- Flush out sediment from the water heater by carefully draining out a few litres of water. This will prevent corrosion from occurring in the tank.
- Ensure your family’s safety by removing any flammable items that may be stored nearby.
Check supply hoses for leaks and replace if necessary. You should inspect hoses connecting to:
- Washing machines
- Ice makers
Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Inspect all faucets in your home for drips and seepages. Also, be sure to check for leakages in pipes under sinks. If you find any leaks, repair them ASAP. But if you don’t feel up to the task just give us a call at EZ Plumbing Inc. One of our plumbers will hop over to your Edmonton home and fix it up for you lickety-split.
- Replace any worn out sink strainers. Having one installed at every drain is a good way to prevent clogs. And don’t forget to put them in the shower too, as hair and soap can accumulate in these places and lead to blockages.
- To keep them limber for when you need them most, loosen and tighten valves under sinks a few times. In a plumbing emergency, you want to able to shut off the water supply off as quickly and easily as possible.
- Inspect toilet tank, bowl and parts for damage. Repair or replace parts if necessary.
- Check for toilet leaks by placing a few drops of food dye in your toilet tank. After half-an-hour, check the bowl. If the water is coloured, you have a leak, and browsing to find plumbing companies in Edmonton might be required.
- Turn on outdoor faucets and make sure they run properly. Determine if they leak inside your home or elsewhere.
- If so, you may have a cracked pipe that needs to be replaced.
- Clean out gutters, spouts and drains to get rid of dirt and debris.
- Inspect vent pipes for bird nests.
Keep Our Number Handy Just In Case
Sometimes, even the most thorough summer maintenance for your plumbing doesn’t prevent plumbing disasters from occurring. In those moments, EZ Plumbing Inc. is there to answer your call. We’re one of the best plumbing companies in Edmonton and our 24/7 emergency service guarantees you’ll always have the help you need when you need it. Contact us if you need assistance with your summer maintenance or any other plumbing concern. We’re the plumbers in Edmonton here to help.